Skip to content
- Characteristic of chiral molecules using chiroptical methods supported by computational chemistry
- Supervisor: dr hab. Joanna E. Rode
- Auxiliary Supervisor: dr. Krzysztof Łyczko
- Description: Since early 2000s we are calculating and for about five years we are measuring the Vibrational Circular Dichroism and Electronic Circular Dichroism spectra. In cooperation with Raman Spectroscopy Group supervised by prof. Malgorzata Baranska in Jagiellonian University we are studying the Raman Optical Activity spectra too. Quite recently we are also cooperating with the Mieczysław Łapkowski’s Department of Physical Chemistry and Technology of Polymers of Silesian University of Technology in ECD spectroelectrochemisty measurements. New chiral substances are synthesized in prof. Robert Kawęcki’s Organic Chemistry Department of Siedlce University. The PhD Thesis can be devoted to spectroscopic measurements, computational interpretation and crystal structure determination of a congruent series of chiral substances such as chiral organic semiconductor molecules or chiral lanthanide coordination complexes.
- Funding: IChTJ Fellowship