Skip to content
Thesis topics in Chemistry (for October 2021)
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluations of new radiopharmaceuticals
- Supervisor: prof. dr hab. Aleksander Bilewicz
- Auxiliary Supervisor: dr Agnieszka Majkowska
- Description: The Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory in the Department of Radiochemistry nad Nuclear Chemistry is seeking candidates for a PhD student position in design, synthesis and biological evaluations of new radiopharmaceuticals. Our research group develops and evaluates new radiobioconjugates labeled with alpha and Auger emitters. Preclinical research in actinium-225-labeled peptides conducted by our group has been translated to the clinic and is presently being evaluated in multiple human studies. The aim of the proposed project is to obtain radioactive core shell nanoparticles by their synthesis from gold nanoparticles covered by Auger electrons emitters. Targeted molecules like monoclonal antibodies will be attached to the surface of nanoparticles, which will transport the radioactive nanoparticles to the interior of liver, breast or ovarian cancer cells locating in the perinuclear area. We expect, high cytotoxicity of proposed radiobioconjugates. The project includes:
- Synthesis of radioactive core shell nanoparticles,
- Conjugation of biological vectors to nanoparticles,
- Biological studies such as binding affinity, internalization, cytotoxicity on cell cuture and spheroids.
- Funding: NCN Opus Grant Fellowship
- Application of ionizing radiation in assessing the stability of properties of materials used in road engineering
- Supervisor: dr hab. Hanna Lewandowska
- Auxiliary Supervisor: dr inż. Krzysztof Błażejowski
- Description: The aim of the project is to develop a research method that will allow the selection of raw materials and production technologies of construction materials, in order to minimize the damage caused during the exploitation of asphalt road pavement. Ionizing radiation will be used as a tool to analyze and correct the course of changes occurring in these materials. This solution could also be used in the future as an alternative method to evaluate the aging of materials used in road engineering. The condition for admission is obtaining financing under the program of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education ‘implementation doctorate’.
- Funding: Ministry of Education and Science.