The following is a summary of the requirements which follow from the School regulations. If you have any doubts, please consult your supervisor.
The required courses are divided into the following six blocks:
- Introductory courses (in Physics these are Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Classical Electrodynamics, Statistical Physics):
all students are obliged to obtain a passing grade in all four courses during the first two years.
- Methodology courses
at least 6 ECTS points during the first 4 semesters
- Specialised courses
at least 6 ECTS points during the first 4 semesters, 12 ECTS points in total during the first 6 semesters
- Research and Technology (overview of Nuclear Technology)
at least 3 ECTS points during the first 6 semesters
Obligatory Graduate School seminar plus at least one specialised seminar per semester
- Career development courses
at least 3 ECTS points during the first 4 semesters
Individual Research Plan
By the end of the 2nd semester, all students submit an Individual Research Plan prepared in collaboration with the supervisor. This plan is updated annually. A template for this document is available here.
After each year of study you need to submit an Annual Report, prepared together with your supervisor. A template for this document is available here.
After completing the 4th semester you will undergo a midterm assessment. This evaluation will be performed by an Evaluation Commission consisting of three members: two from NCBJ, and one external.
The evaluation will be based on:
- documentation of the fulfillment of the Programme Requirements (courses, seminars, etc., as documented in your grade book);
- the student’s oral presentation (20 minutes) of the progress in the implementation of the Individual Research Plan, followed by a discussion with the Commission;
- the thesis supervisor’s written opinion on the advancement of the preparation of the PhD thesis;
- the student’s Annual Reports.